The Centre was initiated by Angus Jenkinson. The design of business tools has been a motif of his professional career as tech entrepreneur, consultant and professor, He concludes, "Business methods lag the needs of the times. In fact, they are often truly dysfunctional. The future needs better methods and ideas. There is more scope for innovation in management itself than any other field of business."
• Companies and C-suite leaders worldwide experience severe pain points as complexity, risk, pace and scale of challenge increase.
• Business school and consulting offerings routinely do little or worse.
• For billions, the workplace is not a source of regular satisfaction.
• Innovation is stagnant in many large companies. Pension funds do not keep pace with needs.
• Ethics and governance are challenging.
• Ecological challenges are increasing. The planet is at risk. Aid efforts have a poor record.
• Customers often lack trust and satisfaction.